Backwoods Bastard Cinnamon Roasted Almonds Recipe
Well, this is what love looks like. When our SE Michigan Sales Rep, Kevin, shared a photo of his homemade Backwoods Bastard roasted almonds recipe, we immediately asked if we could share it with our fans. Lucky for us (and you), he agreed. Check it out:
Backwoods Bastard Cinnamon Roasted Almonds
- 2 lbs. almonds (unsalted)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ cup Backwoods Bastard (available year-round)
- Preheat oven to 215° F
- Remove almonds from packaging and place in a large deep baking dish. Measure out ¼ cup of the Backwoods Bastard, pour the rest in a glass for yourself to enjoy while baking these (this is very important)
- Pour the beer over the nuts and toss well. Place the beer-covered nuts in the fridge for at least one hour. This can be done the day before.
- After the nuts have sat in the fridge, place them in a strainer. Most of the liquid should have absorbed but this step helps to ensure.
- Add the two egg whites to your mixing bowl. Whip these up until soft peaks have formed.
- In the same bowl, add the almonds to the whipped egg whites and mix thoroughly. Each nut should be covered with egg white
- Add the brown sugar, granulated sugar and the cinnamon to the nut and egg white mixture. Mix thoroughly again. This step is important! The consistency will change a little and will appear to be runny, but this is okay.
- Spread the nut mixture onto greased sheet pan. Make sure they’re as spread out as possible.
- Place in oven and roast for 12 minutes. Remove from oven and using a soft utensil (ex: a silicone rubber scraper) mix up the nuts on the sheet pan and then spreading the nuts back out. Repeat this process 4 times, 48 minutes total. Nuts should appear and feel dry.
- Remove from oven and cool in the same pan.
- Store in an air tight container and enjoy for weeks!
Find more recipes here: