Azacca IPA Brined Chicken with Mango Panzanella Recipe
Our Culinary Director, Justin, is at it again with his latest recipe featuring beer from our lineup: Azacca IPA-brined chicken breasts with mango and goat cheese panzanella.
From the chef himself:
“This one’s for all you spring chickens out there. I love how the citrus and tropical flavors from the beer work with the mild flavor of the chicken. Taking the time to brine the meat imparts tons of flavor and, conveniently, allows some time for a nap before you start cooking.”
Azacca IPA Brined Chicken Breasts
Makes 4 servings
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, 8 ounces each
- 4 ounces water
- 12 ounces Azacca IPA
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 2 thyme sprigs
1) Combine all ingredients except the chicken breast in a pan and heat until the sugar and salt dissolve.
2) Allow to cool and add the chicken breasts. Refrigerate, and allow to brine for at least four hours.
3) Remove chicken from brine and pat dry.
4) Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown and juices run clear.
Mango and Goat Cheese Panzanella Salad
- 2 ripe mangoes cleaned and cubed
- 8 oz. day old French bread-cubed
- ½ cup softened goat cheese
- 3 tbls. Azacca IPA
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Optional: Fresh sage and thyme
Combine all ingredients thoroughly and serve.
Check out other recipes here: