Fresh from the farmer’s market or your very own garden, ’tis the season for fresh cucumbers. And if you’re like us, this means your craving for crisp, refreshing pickles is at an all-time high. To quickly satisfy that craving, our head chef, Justin, put together a quick pickle recipe, also known to some as “refrigerator pickles.” The twist? A delicious All Day IPA brine, of course!
You can follow all of the same steps for traditional canned pickles until it comes time for the actual canning and storage – then you’ll need to properly sterilize your jars. But, we digress. This here is all about instant pickled gratification, friends. Let’s do this.
All Day IPA Quick Pickles
Ingredients you’ll need:
- 1.5 – 2 pounds of wax-less cucumbers (whatever kind you prefer, sliced however you like)
- 4 cups of water
- ¼ cup of white distilled vinegar
- ¼ cup of All Day IPA (find it locally using our beer finder)
- ¼ cup of honey
- 8-12 garlic cloves (cleaned, feel free to cut ‘em up)
- 1 small white or vidalia onion (cleaned and cut how you like)
- ½ cup lof oose packed fresh dill
- ¼ cup of loose packed fresh tarragon
- ¼ cup of loose packed fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons black peppercorns
- 2 tablesponss of coriander seeds
- Salt to taste
- 2 large Ball jars
In a large stock pot on your stove-top, combine water, vinegar, All Day IPA, honey, garlic, peppercorns, coriander, and salt. Bring to a simmer or light boil, until the salt dissolves. This is your brine.
As you wait for that to come together, pack your jars with evenly dispersed amounts of: cucumbers, onion, dill, tarragon, and thyme.
Pull the brine from the stove, and allow to cool slightly (5-10 minutes). Now, unless you are aces when it comes to pouring liquid from one container to another, grab yourself a funnel, and begin to fill the jars with the brine until everything is covered.
Let the jars cool to room temperature completely, screw on the lids, and put in the fridge. Eat these up within the week. Enjoy!
See other recipes we’ve previously shared:
- All Day IPA Beer Cheese Soup
- Imperial Stout Fish & Chips
- Mosaic Promise Peanut Curry Chicken Satay
- Dirty Bastard Sauerkraut
- Porter Chocolate Tart
- Rubeaus Raspberry Poppyseed Cheesecake
- Our famous Beer Cheese Dip