New Beer Release: CBS
It’s a Canadian miracle! We’re happy to announce the final release in our 2018 Barrel-Aged Series:
CBS was born when we stumbled upon some bourbon barrels that had previously housed maple syrup. We opted to put the same base beer as KBS, an imperialized version of Breakfast Stout, in the maple barrels and, after one taste, we knew we had something special. Rich maple syrup, roasted coffee and velvety chocolate meld together in what can only be described as a transcendental drinking experience.
You might notice that the label is missing a key, iconic element. You know, starts with “M” ends with “ountie.” It’s true – we did make the decision to remove the Mountie from CBS packaging out of respect for the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
CBS will be available in both of our taprooms, on draft and in 750mL bottles beginning on November 1 via an online ticket sale (see below). It will have a suggested retail price of $24.99 a bottle. It will be available everywhere else beginning on November 2.
Current Detroit and Grand Rapids Mug Club members should check their email for member-exclusive bottle ticket pre-sale details. See below for General Public ticketing details.
CBS is the sixth and final release in our 2018 Barrel-Aged Series, preceded by KBS, Backwoods Bastard, Dankwood, Barrel Runner and Curmudgeon’s Better Half.
A big thanks to Transitions Equestrian Center and beautiful Dolce Vita for bringing our horse dreams to life!
GENERAL PUBLIC TICKETING INFO
- When are General Public bottle tickets available for purchase?
- Where can I purchase tickets?
- How many tickets can I buy?
- You may purchase a total of four tickets per person, regardless of day.
- How much is a ticket? What does it include?
- This year, we are offering one package type which includes (2) 750mL bottles, exclusive CBS bag, and limited-edition gift. The package cost is $50 plus ticketing fees.
- What is the price of CBS?
- What are the dates and pickup times?
- Grand Rapids: Thursday, November 1 through Sunday, November 4 (11am to 11pm every day). This is a non-specific date pickup, meaning ticket holders can pick up their CBS on any of those four days during the specific pick up hours.
- Detroit: Thursday, November 1 through Sunday, November 4 (11am to 9pm every day). This is a non-specific date pickup, meaning ticket holders can pick up their CBS on any of those four days during the specific pick up hours.
- Where do I pick up my bottles?
- Grand Rapids: Next to our administrative entrance off of Williams St. between Grandville Ave. and Finney.
- Detroit: From the east warehouse door at the north end of the parking lot.
- What do I need in order to pick up my CBS bottles?
- Your Eventbrite ticket, either printed or on your smartphone. Tickets are name specific.
- A valid government-issued photo ID. Tickets are non-transferable. Tickets are non-refundable. According to the rules outlined by the MLCC, we reserve the right to decline sale for any reason.
- Can I buy a ticket for the Grand Rapids and Detroit release?
- Yes, each person is able to purchase tickets from both locations. Tickets are absolutely not transferable between the two sites. No accommodations will be made to transfer your tickets between sites.
- If I put a ticket in my cart am I guaranteed the ticket?
- Not until your card is processed and you receive confirmation from Eventbrite.
- My purchase went through, but I did not receive a confirmation email or accidentally deleted my confirmation email. What do I do?
- I wasn’t able to successfully purchase a ticket – will you release more?
- No additional tickets will be sold. CBS will be sold in bottle and on draft throughout our distribution footprint in limited amounts. Your best bet is to stay in touch with your local bottle shops and craft beer bars.