Who doesn’t love some Banana Foster? Especially when that has French Toast Bastard in it.
Here is what you’ll need to make this sweet treat:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons French Toast Bastard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 bananas, peeled and sliced lengthwise and crosswise
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar, French Toast Bastard, vanilla, and cinnamon; bring to a low boil.
- Place bananas and walnuts in the pan. Cook until bananas have softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve at once over vanilla ice cream
And there you have it! A delicious dessert to enjoy after dinner…or before.