KBS Cinnamon Vanilla Cocoa Puppy Chow Recipe
Are you looking for a classier way to snack? Look no further.
Because we love you so much we’ve created a delicious and decadent take on puppy chow using the most recent addition to our KBS lineup, KBS Cinnamon Vanilla Cocoa. It’s great for parties, small get-togethers or family movie nights. Or just eat the whole batch on your own – you only live once!
- One 12oz box Chex cereal
- ¾ cups KBS Cinnamon Vanilla Cocoa
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cups peanut butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
- Add KBS Cinnamon Vanilla Cocoa to a large pot. Heat on the lowest setting until stout starts bubbling but not boiling. Scrape the bottom and sides of the pot occasionally to ensure the stout doesn’t stick or burn.
- Add chocolate chips one cup at a time; stirring in between each cup until the mixture is smooth. Scrape bottom and sides of the pot constantly to ensure the mixture doesn’t burn.
- Add peanut butter and stir until the mixture is completely smooth. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add powdered sugar and cinnamon sugar. Whisk together to distribute the cinnamon sugar evenly.
- In a large bowl, add 1/3 of the Chex and 1/3 of the chocolate mixture. Stir gently to coat the cereal, but be careful not to break the pieces. Repeat this process with the rest of the cereal and chocolate mixture two more times until all cereal is completely coated.
- Next, coat with powdered sugar. Add 1/3 of the cereal to a medium bowl with a lid. Add 1/3 of the powdered sugar mixture. Close the lid and shake gently. Once the cereal is coated, pour it evenly onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment or wax paper. Repeat until all cereal is coated. This can be done in several ways including adding the cereal and sugar to a gallon plastic bag, but the key is to be gentle.
- Once all the cereal is laid out on the cookie sheet, sprinkle more cinnamon sugar on it to taste. Let sit until firm. Can be stored in an airtight container for up to five days.
- Pair it with a snifter of KBS Cinnamon Vanilla Cocoa for the best experience.