Founders Brewing Company Cadre Trip to the Mothership Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. NO ENTRY FEE. The “Trip to the Mothership” contest (“Contest”) is sponsored by Canal Street Brewing Co., L.L.C., d/b/a Founders Brewing Company (“Sponsor”). The Contest is open only to to legal U.S. residents of the (50) U.S. and D.C., who are age 21 or older, and, who are members of Founders “Cadre” Fan Club. Void wherever prohibited or restricted by law. BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST, YOU ACCEPT AND AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND AGREE TO BE BOUND THEREBY.
- CONTEST PERIOD: The entry period for the “Trip to the Mothership” Contest (the “Contest”) begins at 12:01 a.m. ET on December 3, 2018 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on December 17, 2018 (the “Contest Entry Period”). Entries received during the Contest Entry Period will be evaluated based on the judging criteria outlined below, by the Sponsor appointed Judge(s). On or about December 21, 2018, Sponsor will determine the winner(s) of the Contest per the procedures outlined below, and the associated prize(s) will be awarded in accordance with these Official Rules (the “Official Rules”).
- BINDING AGREEMENT: In order to enter the Contest, You must agree to these Official Rules. Therefore, please read these Official Rules prior to entry to ensure You understand and agree. You may not submit an Entry to the Contest and are not eligible to receive the prize(s) described in these Official Rules unless You agree to these Official Rules. These Official Rules form a binding legal agreement between You and the Sponsor with respect to the Contest.
- ELIGIBILITY:The Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents of the (50) U.S. and D.C. (other than states in which participation is otherwise limited or qualified) who are, as of the date of entry, 21 years of age or older and have internet access and who are current, registered members of Founders “Cadre” fan club as of December 3, 2018 with all required Cadre personal information (i.e. email address and all other information) active and up to date. Persons in the following categories are not eligible to participate or win a prize: (a) Employees, Officers and Directors of Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, advertising, promotion, fulfillment and publicity agencies; (b) Corporate Officers and Directors, Members and Managers of limited liability companies, and Partners in general or limited partnerships who hold alcoholic beverage licenses or permits to engage in the production, importation, or wholesale or retail sales of alcoholic beverage products and employees and representatives of such entities; (c) Employees of beverage alcohol regulatory agencies; (d) Members of the immediate family (parents, children, siblings, spouses) wherever they may live or members of the same household (whether related or not) of any person in the preceding categories. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and void wherever prohibited or restricted by national, state, municipal, provincial or any other government laws.
- HOW TO ENTER:Each eligible entrant (“Entrant” or “You”) may enter for free online by accessing www.foundersbrewing.com/cadre during the Contest Entry Period and completing the contest entry form (each, a “Contest Entry” or “Entry”) which will include:
- First and Last Name
- Valid Email Address
- Address (including city, state and zip code)
- Phone number
- Contest Entry submission in response to the question, “Dead or alive, who is the one person you would share your last KBS with and why?” (contest essay entry submission must be less than 1000 words or video submission under two minutes.)
There is a maximum of one entry per person or per valid email address during the entire Contest Period. Any additional Entries submitted by the same individual or via the same email address shall be disqualified, will not be considered for the Contest, and ineligible for any prize award.
By providing your email address, you grant Sponsor the right to send you promotional and/or marketing messages. You may opt out of receiving further promotional and/or marketing messages at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions in any email message. Entrants may not participate with multiple email addresses or under multiple identities, or submit an entry on behalf of another individual, nor may Entrants use any device or artifice to enter or to enter more than once during the Contest Entry Period or as multiple Entrants. Any Entrant who attempts to enter with multiple email addresses, under multiple identities, on behalf of another individual, or uses any other device or artifice to enter multiple times will be disqualified from participation in the Contest and all such Entries submitted will be void. Entries using macro, robotic, script or other forms of automatic entry will be disqualified. Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the email address by the internet service provider that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Potential winners may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that he or she meets the eligibility requirements for the Contest and/or is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with a winning Entry. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of each Entrant; if an Entrant is found to be ineligible to enter the Contest his/her Entry will be considered invalid. Online entries must be received by the end of the Contest Entry Period. Sponsors’ computer will be the official timekeeper of this Contest.
Potential prize winners must meet all eligibility requirements and fully comply with these Official Rules.
All eligible Contest Entries may be featured on www.FoundersBrewing.com and may be displayed, shared, exploited or used in advertising by the Sponsor, in the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. By submitting a Contest Entry, Entrant represents and warrants to Sponsor that the Entrant has the right title and interest in and to any media submitted in connection with a Contest Entry. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right at any time not to post, or to remove, any Contest Entry in its sole and absolute discretion.
- CONTEST ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: Entrant’s Contest Entry must be original, of Entrant’s own creation, and must not have been entered in any other competition or Contest, including other competitions or Contests conducted by Sponsor. Any Contest Entry that, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion (i) is obscene, profane, lewd or defamatory; (ii) includes anti-social content, a commercial solicitation or promotional materials, or any address, phone number, or URL address; (iii) includes branded, copyrighted, trademarked items or otherwise may infringe upon the intellectual or proprietary rights of a third party; (iv) does not meet the requirements outlined in these Official Rules; (v) is not in keeping with Sponsors image; or (vi) is otherwise objectionable, may not be considered and may be disqualified.
All Contest Entries (including all intellectual property directly or indirectly related thereto) become the property of Sponsor upon submission and will not be acknowledged or returned and will not give Entrant any right to any compensation or royalty of any kind and any and all such rights are disclaimed hereby and waived by Entrant in full. Each Entrant represents and warrants that such Entrant’s Contest Entry (i) is original, of Entrant’s own creation; (ii) has not been entered in any other competition or Contest, including other competitions or Contests conducted by Sponsor; and (iii) does not violate the intellectual property or proprietary rights of any third party. Entrant hereby agrees not to instigate, support, maintain or authorize any action, claim or lawsuit against Sponsor or any other person on the grounds that any use of any Contest Entry as provided herein, infringes any of Entrant’s rights as the creator of the Contest Entry as provided herein including, without limitation, trademark rights, copyrights and moral rights (“droit moral”). By submitting a Contest Entry, Entrant hereby grants Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, successors, assigns, licensees, sublicensees, agents and representatives an irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, unrestricted, perpetual sublicensable and transferable right and license to use, copy, transmit, publish or otherwise distribute, modify, create derivative works based upon, incorporate into other works, publicly perform and display the Contest Entry or any portion thereof, in or through any medium, whether now known or hereafter created (including, but not limited to, on Sponsor’s Facebook Page, Sponsor’s or its affiliates’ Instagram Account, Sponsor’s twitter feed, other websites or social media outlets owned or controlled by Sponsor, its affiliates or anyone acting on Sponsor’s authority, and in Sponsor’s email and/or social media (e.g., Facebook, Twitter or Instagram) communications, for any and all lawful purposes, and agrees to execute documents, instruments or agreements confirming such right and license at Sponsor’s reasonable request. Nothing herein shall constitute an employment, joint venture, or partnership relationship between Entrant and Sponsor.
- WINNER SELECTION; ODDS OF WINNING:Two (2) Contest Entries (each, a “Potential Winner“) will be selected from among all eligible Contest Entries received by a panel of Judges as solely appointed by Sponsor. Each eligible entry will be judged on designated aesthetic characteristics including creativity (25% of score), originality (25% of score), emotional resonance of the Entry (25% of score) and the tone and voice of the Entry (25% of score). The panel will choose the Entries that it feels integrate these qualities in a memorable and/or creative way, in the panel’s sole and absolute discretion. Decisions of the panel will be final. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received, the skill of each entrant, and the decisions of judges.
- Winner Notification: Each potential prize winner will be notified initially via phone and/or email, or via post to the entrant’s Instagram or Twitter account. If the Administrator is unsuccessful in its attempt to reach and speak directly with a potential prize winner by phone and/or email within 48-hours of the initial notification attempt to the phone number and/or email address, Instagram or Twitter account associated with that contestant’s entry, then that contestant may be disqualified and an alternate potential prize winner may be selected from among the remaining eligible entries based upon the next runner-up, and notified as per the procedures outlined above (time permitting). Note: phone messages will not be left during the winner notification process.
During prize winner notification, the selected potential prize winner must confirm their eligibility, and indicate their willingness and ability to accept the designated prize. The potential prize winner will then receive official notification via email delivery. If a selected winner does not meet the eligibility requirements, is unable or unwilling to accept the prize or elects to decline the prize, s/he will be disqualified and, at Sponsor’s discretion and time permitting, an alternate winner will be selected from among all remaining eligible entries based upon the next runner-up, and notified as per the procedures outlined above. Any disqualified contestant will not receive any alternate prize substitution or compensation. Decisions of the Administrator and Judges in the selection and determination of the prize winners and all matters relating to this Contest are final and binding.
Each winner may be required to: 1) complete and return, within 2-days of date of receipt, a prize acceptance form including an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (where permitted) signed by the winner and designated travel guest, and a W-9 form 2) present a copy of a valid driver’s license and/or government issued identification as a condition of receiving any prize; and 3) will be responsible for paying all applicable taxes (including, but not limited to all local, state and federal taxes) on all prizes or prize elements awarded. Failure to collect or properly claim any prize in accordance with these Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize. If forfeited for any reason, the winner will not receive any other prize substitution or compensation, and the prize will remain the property of Sponsor and will not be awarded, except as provided herein.
- PRIZES: Each Winner will receive: (i) up to a maximum of $500 in reimbursements to cover the cost of Winner and one (1) guest (age 21 or older) traveling to and from Grand Rapids, MI to brew KBS at the brewery with Brewmaster Jeremy Kosmicki from February 11 – 13, 2019 (ii) two (2) nights of lodging (one room) at a local hotel as solely determined and designated by Sponsor, based upon availability, (iii) a private tour of the brewery and the Barrel House, at the date and time as solely determined and designated by Sponsor, (iii) lunch and meet-and-greet with members of the brewery team, at the date and time as designated by Sponsor, (iv) limited edition Trip to the Mothership merchandise, and (v) a $50 gift certificate to be used towards purchases of available merchandise at the brewery (collectively, the “Prizes“). The maximum $500 towards travel reimbursement amount shall be in the aggregate for Winner and guest and in the event that the actual combined aggregate cost of Winner’s and guest’s air travel is greater than $500, such difference shall be borne and paid by Winner. In the event that the actual combined aggregate cost of Winner’s and guest’s travel is less than $500, Sponsor shall not pay such difference to Winner. Winner does not need to invite a guest to attend with Winner. Any guest must be 21 or older.
TOTAL approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each prize award $1,345. Total ARV of all available Prizes to be awarded $2,690, in the aggregate.
The actual value of the prize may vary based on point of departure. Any difference between the stated approximate value and actual value will not be awarded. Winner will be responsible for arranging airfare or other travel and transportation reservations, and will be required to provide receipts for actual out-of-pocket travel costs incurred by Winner in connection with the Winner’s travel to Grand Rapids, Michigan. Subject to verification in accordance with the previous sentence, reimbursements for travel expenses for the Winner and Winner’s guest will be made by Founders at the Trip to the Mothership, in an amount up to $500 in the aggregate.
All costs and expenses associated with Prizes acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided in the Prizes section of these Official Rules, including but not limited to (i) additional hotel or other accommodations; (ii) ground transportation (including the full cost of transportation to and from the closest departure city and the winner’s place of residence); parking, airline seat assignment fees, check baggage fees, hotel resort fees, meals, incidentals, gratuities, and (iii) any and all applicable fees, service charges, surcharges or passenger facility charges, all insurance, federal, state, local and foreign taxes, if any, and any other unspecified expenses associated with acceptance or use of the Prizes are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Sponsor is not liable for any expense incurred as a consequence of a flight cancellation, flight delay or any travel delay or difficulty.
Each Winner and any other Prize recipient is required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations related thereto and is solely responsible for any and all federal, state, and local taxes that apply to the receipt and use of any Prizes. Entrant acknowledges that if he/she is a Winner, the Award Acceptance Agreement which he/she will be required to complete, sign and return to Sponsor will require Winner to complete an IRS Form W-9 and will authorize Sponsor to deliver to Winner a IRS Form 1099, or any other applicable income tax forms, reflecting the prize awarded to Winner. Any failure by any Winner to complete, sign and/or deliver the Award Acceptance Agreement and W-9 form will result in such Winner’s disqualification and ineligibility and an alternate Winner may be selected by Sponsor, in its discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of greater or equal value in the event any prize or a portion of a prize is unavailable for any reason. Prizes are non-assignable and non-transferable. No cash alternative or other substitution of a prize is permitted, except at the sole option of Sponsor. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize or portion of a prize. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. All prize details are at Sponsor’ sole discretion. The awarding of any Prize is contingent upon full compliance with these Official Rules.
- GENERAL RULES: The Contest is offered by Canal Street Brewing Co., L.L.C., d/b/a Founders Brewing Company, which is not responsible for (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, postage-due, incomplete, illegible, misdirected or undeliverable entries, responses, or other correspondence, whether by email or postal mail or otherwise; (ii) theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials; or (iii) phone, electrical, network, computer, hardware, software program or transmission malfunctions, failures or difficulties.
By participating in the Contest, Entrants agree to waive, release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless Sponsor and its parent, affiliated companies and subsidiaries and their directors, officers, employees, sponsors and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, and assigns, and any other organizations related to the Contest (including Facebook, Inc. and Instagram, Inc.) (together, the “Released Parties”), from and against any claims, injuries (including death), loss, expenses or damages and/or liabilities of any nature that in any way arise in whole or in part from the acceptance, possession, use or enjoyment of a Prize or parts thereof, travel or participation in the Contest, attendance at the Trip to the Mothership, or in any other Prize-related activity, including, without limitation, any (i) condition caused by events beyond Sponsor’ control that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; (ii) injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Contest; (iii) printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest; or (iv) electronic, network or computer failures or malfunctions, or other hardware, software or technical errors of any kind, including any injury or damage to any person’s computer related to, or resulting from, participation in the Contest or for other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest.
IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR OR THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE TO ENTRANT FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS OR PROFITS) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST, WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES FROM ANY CLAIM BASED UPON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT SPONSOR OR SUCH RELEASED PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to You.
Sponsor will be responsible for resolving any disputes and rules violations that arise in connection with the Contest. All interpretations of these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor regarding the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects.
- ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS:Except where prohibited, by accepting any Prize, each Winner consents to the use of his/her name, photo and/or likeness, biographical information, entry materials and statements attributed to Winner (if true) for advertising and promotional purposes, including without limitation, inclusion in Sponsor’s newsletters, Sponsor’s homepage at www.Foundersbrewing.com, Sponsor’s Facebook page, and other Sponsor social media platforms (including Instagram, Twitter, etc.), without additional compensation. Each Winner also agrees to participate in promotional activities related to the Contest upon Sponsor’ reasonable request.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part, in the event of fraud, technical or other difficulties or if the integrity of the Contest is compromised, without liability to the Entrant. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to disqualify any individual that (i) tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or Sponsor’s homepage, Facebook page or any Sponsor social media platform; (ii) violates these Official Rules; or (iii) acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’ failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that term or any other provision. The Contest is subject to these Official Rules and all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. As stated above, the Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. By participating in the Contest, You acknowledge that you have read these Official Rules and agree to abide by them and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the Contest.
- GOVERNING LAW:These Official Rules are governed by the law of the State of Michigan, excluding its rules governing choice of laws. Any action, suit or case arising out of, or in connection with, this Contest or these Official Rules must be brought in the state or federal courts located in Grand Rapids, MI.
- WINNERS: A winners list may be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope marked ” Trip to the Mothership” to Founders Brewing Company, 235 Grandville Ave, SW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503, Attn: Communications Manager. All requests must be postmarked by 1/31/19, and received by 2/15/19.
- SPONSOR:The Sponsor of the Contest is Canal Street Brewing Co., L.L.C., d/b/a Founders Brewing Company, 235 Grandville Ave, SW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503.
- DISCLAIMER: The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Inc., Instagram, Inc. or Twitter, Inc. By participating in the Contest, you acknowledge and agree that you are providing your entry information to Sponsor, and not to Facebook, Inc., Instagram, Inc. or Twitter, Inc.
© 2018 Founders Brewing Company, Grand Rapids, MI