Founders Brewing Company is pleased to present
Steve Hilger Band (Original & Classic Blues, Jazz from Grand Rapids)
About Steve Hilger:
Steve Hilger has been a singer-songwriter since the mid 70s in the genre of blues, jazz, rock and acoustic folk music. He started his recording career in 1975. He sings lead vocals and plays mostly rhythm guitar, occasionally playing leads. He has authored all of the original music performed and recorded by the Band with the desire of bringing the progressive blues and jazz feel of the original tunes to a new level.
*Additionally, this show will serve as an informal, relaxed fundraiser for our friends at Mackenzie’s Animal Sanctuary. There is a $5 suggested donation, though donation is not required for Taproom entry. Representatives of Mackenzie’s will be on hand, as will some of their furry friends.
About Mackenzie’s Animal Sanctuary:
Mackenzie’s Animal Sanctuary, the Midwest’s largest sheltered no-kill sanctuary, was founded by the Azzar family in August of 1999 after the passing of their beloved dog Mackenzie
Our Goal is to save dogs in need and place them in loving homes.
Our Dream is to give these dogs the love and companionship all dogs deserve and, in Mac’s name, give them a home along the way.
- to find loving homes for abused, abandoned and neglected dogs.
- to spay/neuter our rescue dogs of age to stop the cycle of unwanted litters.
- assist in public education for the betterment of our local animal community.
- keep a high standard of excellence and professionalism.
- maintain the highest standards of care for the animals, including veterinary care, housing, love, tenderness and compassion.