At long last, the day is here. We are happy to (officially) announce the sixth and final release in our Barrel-Aged Series:
CBS was born when we stumbled upon some bourbon barrels that had previously housed maple syrup. We opted to put the same base beer as KBS, an imperialized version of Breakfast Stout, in the maple barrels and, after one taste, we knew we had something special. Rich maple syrup, roasted coffee and velvety chocolate meld together in what can only be described as a transcendental drinking experience.
Last bottled in 2011, CBS has become one of the most highly sought-after beers in the world and for good reason. It’s damn good. You all have been very vocal in petitioning for its return and it would’ve been cruel for us to hold out any longer in delivering on that.
CBS will be available everywhere (yep, all 46 states we’re available), including our Grand Rapids taproom, on draft and in 750mL bottles beginning on December 1 – some markets may release it a few days after that date. It will have a suggested retail price of $24.99 a bottle.
Special thanks to our enthusiast club, the Cadre for helping announce this release by sharing our hint on Twitter and Instagram. Also, for those of you who caught our CBS ‘trailer’ on Friday, know that that wouldn’t have been possible without the help of lovely Reya (the horse), her owner and trainer, Lisa Anes-DeLaat of Performa Dressage, and our kickass Mountie, Angela Walser.
Similar to our annual release of KBS, CBS will be released from our taproom via an online ticket sale. Keep in mind that tickets for this event are in high demand and we anticipate they will sell out quickly:
**Taproom CBS bottle tickets are officially sold out**
General Admission bottle ticket info:
- Tickets will go on sale on November 11, 2017 at 11am EST through this link
- Tickets are name and pickup weekend specific – no exceptions
- Limit of one ticket, equaling (2) bottles of CBS per person
- Tickets are $50/each ($25/bottle) plus convenience fees
- Tickets are non-transferrable
- Refunds will not be issued for unused or lost tickets
- Mug Club presale ticket info will be sent via email today, 11/6/17.
- Pickup occurs only on the weekend specified on your ticket and only by the person indicated on your ticket
- Two weekends for bottle pickup at the Grand Rapids taproom:
- Pickup will take place from the Education entrance off of Williams St. from 11am-9pm each day
Ticketing questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out the other beers in our Barrel-Aged Series here.