Volunteer at Founders Fest 2016!
Want to volunteer at Founders Fest 2016? Here’s how to secure your spot:
1. All volunteers must be 21+ with a valid ID. No exceptions.
2. Attend our Mandatory Volunteer Meeting: Held on Sunday, June 5th from 12:30-1:30pm in the Centennial Room (235 Grandville Ave – second level above the taproom, accessible through the Company Store elevator). We will go over volunteer expectations and event information. Attendees will also learn how to officially register as an event volunteer via EventBrite.
3. EventBrite Volunteer Registration: The final step to secure your spot as a volunteer is to register via EventBrite, using information provided at the Volunteer Meeting on June 5th. Cost of registration is $10, but upon successful completion of your volunteer duties, we will mail you a $25 FBC gift card as a token of our appreciation.
4. Volunteering is a commitment from 1pm-midnight. Any exceptions to this rule must be pre-approved.
5. Requests from volunteers regarding duty assignments and/or being paired with a friend will be honored whenever possible, but cannot be guaranteed.
Incentives of volunteering: • Free official Founders Fest 2016 t-shirt • Delicious spread of food & refreshments provided before (and during) the festival • Being a part of helping throw Grand Rapids’ most amazing street party • Greater sense of community amongst everyone who attends & works this event • Enhanced understanding of inner-workings of running a festival • That gift card mentioned earlier
What types of tasks will a volunteer perform during Founders Fest? • Putting wristbands on attendees • Handing out handbills to attendees • Answering attendee’s questions • Directing attendees to key locations (toilets, ticket tents, beer tents) • Pouring and/or serving beer • Collecting trash/empty beer cups and assisting with waste management • Assisting with delivery of ice and n/a beverages throughout fest • Cleaning up the streets after the fest
All Founders Fest 2016 volunteer-related questions will be addressed at Sunday’s meeting, or can be directed to taproom manager, Aimee via email: email@example.com
Hope to see you there!