Overlooking the brewing facilities, our taproom allows customers a look into where the beer magic happens. It’s a great testing ground for us, and on any particular day you will find numerous products on draft available only at Founders. The unique offering of specialty beers, the laid back atmosphere, and thrice-weekly live music has helped to make our taproom a staple in the Grand Rapids community and a destination for travelers. Stop by whenever you can and experience it for yourself.
Tap selection subject to availability. Please call 616.776.1195 first to confirm!
As of September 24th at 7:28 pm:
- Pale Ale5.4%
- Centennial IPA7.2%
- Dirty Bastard8.5%
- Red’s Rye IPA (Draft)6.6%
- All Day IPA4.7%
- PC Pils5.5%
- Mosaic Promise5.5%
- Nitro Pale Ale5.4%
- Nitro Oatmeal Stout4.5%
- Gose4.8%A very old German beer style that nearly went extinct. Gose, is an unfiltered wheat beer made with 50% malted wheat, which creates a cloudy yellow color and provides a refreshing crispness and twang. Expect low hop bitterness and a complementary dryness along with spice from the use of ground coriander seeds and a soft mouthfeel from the addition of sea salt.
- Beer City IPA6%A solid and tasty IPA somewhere in between a Pale Ale and our signature IPAs. Not a session ale, not a big IPA but right in the Goldilocks zone. Brewed using Centennial & Cascade hops with a hint of Crystal malt for balance.
- Pale Joe5.4%The official beer of ArtPrize. Light in color but full in flavor, this golden ale features notes of gently roasted, fruit-forward coffee. Pale Joe features a special blend of high-end Ethiopian coffee expertly roasted by our hometown neighbors at Ferris Coffee and Nut. It’s the lovechild of your favorite iced coffee and, well, beer.
- Oktoberfest6.5%Oktoberfest is like the biggest beer drinking party ever. Held annually in Munich, Bavaria, Germany, it lasts around 16 days with more than 6 million people celebrating. Founders Oktoberfest is brewed with a variety of traditional malts and hops that provide balance and aroma while the lager yeast lends to a smooth finish. Let the party begin!
- Solid Gold4.5%a light and sessionable ale featuring flaked corn malt and hopped up just enough.
- Devil Dancer12%
- B.A. Redankulous12.5%*B.A. Redankulous is the last test batch of Redankulous before it became a Backstage beer in 2015, and won that nifty gold medal, and then aged in Oak Bourbon Barrels for 485 days. It gained a delightful bump up in ABV and pours a tad darker shade of reddish brown. Enjoy this Big ol’ B.A. Beauty!
Growler pricing and information:
Growler refills for Class 1 beers are $10, refills for Class 2s are $17. (For Mug Club Members: $8 & $15, respectively.) We will fill growlers that are not our own as long as they are clean, rinsed and free of contamination; we do this to avoid compromising the quality of our product. We recommend consumption within 48 hours. Nitrogen-driven, specialty, and some taproom one-off beers are not available in growlers. Questions? Give us a call 616.776.1195 or ask your server or bartender.
New, empty growlers are $5.