Overlooking the brewing facilities, our taproom allows customers a look into where the beer magic happens. It’s a great testing ground for us, and on any particular day you will find numerous products on draft available only at Founders. The unique offering of specialty beers, the laid back atmosphere, and thrice-weekly live music has helped to make our taproom a staple in the Grand Rapids community and a destination for travelers. Stop by whenever you can and experience it for yourself.
Tap selection subject to availability. Please call 616.776.1195 first to confirm!
As of May 25th at 2:57 pm:
- Pale Ale5.4%
- Centennial IPA7.2%
- Dirty Bastard8.5%
- Red’s Rye IPA (Draft)6.6%
- All Day IPA4.7%
- Nitro Pale Ale5.4%
- Nitro Oatmeal Stout4.5%
- Mosaic Promise5.5%
- Solid Gold4.5%Our super smooth extra pale ale.
- Nitro Frangelic Stout4.5%A Hazelnut flavored Nitro Oatmeal Stout
- Misty Mountain Hop Brown Ale8.0%A Brown Ale with just the right amount of hop-forward bitterness and aromas of tropical & citrus fruits, cherries, coconuts and fresh pine.
- Palm Reader5.4%A tribute to our beautiful state, this refreshing ale is made with Michigan-grown, at Hop Head Farms, Zuper-Saazer hops. Imparting intense and fruity aromas combined with the citrus notes of the Crystal hops and the simple malt bill, this beer is crisp, bright and delicious.
- Pale Joe5.4%A light, golden ale brewed using high end, lightly roasted, fruit forward coffees that don’t get too bitter or astringent. Brewed with a naturally processed, sun dried coffee from the Sidamo region of Ethiopia, roasted at Ferris Coffee, right here in town.
- Tellicherry Peppercorn IPA7.2%A batch of our delicious Centennial IPA aged-in-tank with freshly cracked Tellicherry Peppercorns.
- PC Pils5.6%A Founders take on a classic Pilsner, featuring Corn & Carapils malt, Chinook, Cascade & Centennial Hops!
- Spruce Springsteen6.3%Brewed with 3# per barrel of fresh harvested spruce tips. Rather than a resiny, piney flavor, fresh spruce tips picked early in the spring have a subtle floral, citrusy/fruity character and are jammed packed with Vitamin C. The base of this beer is a low hopped, sessionable red ale brewed with wheat malt, caramel malts, and bittered with Chinook hops.
- Breakfast Stout8.3%
- Imperial Stout10.5%
- Nitro Rubaeus5.7%
- Sumatra Mountain Brown9%
- Curmudgeon Old Ale9.8%
- Hop Wampa10.0%Hop Wampa is a beast of an IPA. Big aggressive hop flavor, aroma and bitterness from a couple of new hop varieties: Eureka! And the yet-to-be named EXP06277. Expect pine, pineapple, and citrus flavors as well as an overall dank impression.
- Double Trouble9.4%Our Double or Imperial IPA that is brewed to turn your world upside down. This beer is brewed with Simcoe hops which are citrusy and buttery at the same time. Pungent aromatics up front paired with a malt-balanced backbone and a smooth, bitter finish.
Growler pricing and information:
Growler refills for Class 1 beers are $10, refills for Class 2s are $17. (For Mug Club Members: $8 & $15, respectively.) We will fill growlers that are not our own as long as they are clean, rinsed and free of contamination; we do this to avoid compromising the quality of our product. We recommend consumption within 48 hours. Nitrogen-driven, specialty, and some taproom one-off beers are not available in growlers. Questions? Give us a call 616.776.1195 or ask your server or bartender.
New, empty growlers are $5.