Overlooking the brewing facilities, our taproom allows customers a look into where the beer magic happens. It’s a great testing ground for us, and on any particular day you will find numerous products on draft available only at Founders. The unique offering of specialty beers, the laid back atmosphere, and thrice-weekly live music has helped to make our taproom a staple in the Grand Rapids community and a destination for travelers. Stop by whenever you can and experience it for yourself.
Tap selection subject to availability. Please call 616.776.1195 first to confirm!
As of January 22nd at 2:00 pm:
- Centennial IPA7.2%
- Dirty Bastard8.5%
- Red’s Rye IPA (Draft)6.6%
- All Day IPA4.7%
- PC Pils5.5%
- Nitro Pale Ale5.4%
- Nitro Oatmeal Stout4.5%
- Azacca IPA7%
- Beer City IPA6%A solid and tasty IPA somewhere in between a Pale Ale and our signature IPAs. Not a session ale, not a big IPA but right in the Goldilocks zone. Brewed using Centennial & Cascade hops with a hint of Crystal malt for balance.
- Baltic Porter5.9%Rooted in the classic tradition of Imperializing porters to survive their North Sea crossing, our Baltic Porter is layered with notes of caramel, chocolate and roasted coffee. A variety of roasted malts means this one pours as dark as the depths of the sea while simultaneously featuring a beautiful, clean finish courtesy of lager yeast.
- Red Hot Cinnamon IPA8%This is an Imperial Red IPA brewed and dry hopped with Delta hops. Bitterness and aroma are moderately hoppy and complimented by the addition of cinnamon sticks that were steeped after the boil. Rich, malty body holds the balance together. A smooth and festive holiday IPA.
- Comet IPA6.7%A brand new IPA utilizing the ultra-versatile Comet hops! Grassy, floral and citrus notes soar on top of a solid malt foundation resulting in an IPA best described as out of this world.
- Creme of the Rock Milk Stout4%Called milk stout because of the addition of milk sugar during the boil. Milk sugar doesn’t ferment - it creates extra body and a perceived sweetness. Very smooth mouth feel and sweet taste. Enjoy! (Those who are lactose intolerant should drink with caution)
- Freestyle Ale5.8%We took a bunch of different experimental hop samples that don’t even have names yet, smelled them, then added them to the brew at various times based on intuition. Backed up by a base of 100% German Pilsner malt, the result is a light bodied, hop forward Pale Ale that’s fun and easy to drink.
- Imperial Stout10.5%
- Nitro Rubaeus5.7%
- Breakfast Stout8.3%
- Watermelon Gose4.6%Salty, subtly sour and a little sweet, our Watermelon Gose "gose-down" smooth (we had to). Summertime’s party-starter, watermelon, is the star of this lightly-hopped treat and gives it a hint of tart juiciness. The soft mouthfeel and dry finish is thanks to the addition of sea salt, a traditional Gose ingredient. The beautiful harmony between salty, sour and sweet will leave you wanting more.
- Nitro Breakfast Stout8.3%Our famous Double Chocolate Coffee Oatmeal Stout...on a Nitro tap. Enjoy.
- Kosmonator Bock8.4%Kosmonator Bock is brewed with Munich malt for a big, chewy sweetness. This traditional lager gets its beautiful mahogany color from Dark Crystal malt. Balanced by just enough German hops for a smooth finish.
- Exfiltration IPA7.5%A New England(Founders)Style IPA sneaks in as the latest in the SPY PA series. Dry hopped with 4 hop varieties before and after fermentation. An orange/grapefruit juice bomb rounded out by a malt bill which was 70% wheat malt.
Growler pricing and information:
Growler refills for Class 1 beers are $10, refills for Class 2s are $17. (For Mug Club Members: $8 & $15, respectively.) We will fill growlers that are not our own as long as they are clean, rinsed and free of contamination; we do this to avoid compromising the quality of our product. We recommend consumption within 48 hours. Nitrogen-driven, specialty, and some taproom one-off beers are not available in growlers. Questions? Give us a call 616.776.1195 or ask your server or bartender.
New, empty growlers are $5.