We are super stoked to be an ArtPrize venue this year! We just finalized all of the artists who will be using our taproom (both indoors and outdoors) as an exhibit space and thought it would be perfect to share that info with you all here on this blog.
For those of you that don’t know, ArtPrize is an open art contest that spans the city of Grand Rapids, with almost 200 venues opening up their spaces for artists to display their work. Last year’s ArtPrize was a smashing success. This year’s event lasts from September 22 to October 10. For more information, check out the ArtPrize website.
Artists at Founders
- Our very own Joe Sherry will be displaying two of his glass-blown works. One of them will displayed outside (it’s still a surprise) and the other is a chandelier that will hang from the taproom loft ceiling.
- A copper sculpture by Daryl Bruischat will also be hanging in the taproom.
- We will be showing five of Geoffrey Brown‘s abstract photos.
- Lauren Satlowski will be exhibiting a 4′ x 5′ oil painting.
- “Flight of passion”, a 30″ x 60″ acrylic painting by David Chapple will be on display.
- Aaron J. Gaertner wants his work to be a surprise.
- One of our taproom managers, Michael Dorich, will be showing a 6′ x 3′ abstract acrylic painting titled “Blue ocean midnight sky”.
We will also have a painted, playable piano out front. Yes, it will work. Yes, you will be able to just sit down and start playing. These pianos are going to be scattered around the city and we are excited to have been allocated one! Our surprisingly large number of musically gifted employees are already planning on staggering their breaks so that the piano will be played all day.
In other ArtPrize news, be sure to check out the Hillside Neighborhood Party that we are sponsoring on Friday, September 24, from 5‚Äì7 p.m., before heading back to the taproom for day II of Prospecto with Indian Jewelry, Moss Folk, and Seth.